Subscribe via email

Subscribe to Americans in Singapore by Email Verification of your email address is required to prevent spam

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

From Slashdot

A bug in Firefox exposes stored passwords.

zbuffered writes, "Today, Mozilla made public bug #360493, which exposes Firefox's Password Manager on many public sites. The flaw derives from Firefox's willingness to supply the username and password stored on one page on a domain to another page on a domain. For example, username/password input tags on a Myspace user's site will be unhelpfully propagated with the visitor's Myspace.com credentials. It was first discovered in the wild by Netcraft on Oct. 27. Read more....

I, personally, have not stored important passwords on Firefox or IE. I have them stored in a database that I have encrypted and password protected. I'm sure that can be hacked too, but I don't know of any alternatives. If you do, please leave a comment.

No comments: