Subscribe via email

Subscribe to Americans in Singapore by Email Verification of your email address is required to prevent spam

Thursday, November 16, 2006

President's Visit


Security on Anderson Road

Guards on tower at Shangri-La

Well, I knew the President was going to be back soon because the helicopters were hovering and the motorcycle brigade was coming back to the hotel. I decided to go back downstairs after waving to my buddies on the tower across the street. I saw Becky in the lobby and told her about my experience this morning. She went up to get her camera and then came down to join me in front of our condo's guard shack.

It started raining, and we waited a bit longer, but decided to go back upstairs. I was in the laundry room and decided to peek out the window when I saw the motorcade and the two presidential limos with the U.S. flags on them. Dang! I hate when that happens.

Becky and I have decided we'll stay on alert until closer to the time he'll have to leave for National University of Singapore. He'll be giving an address at 6 p.m.

No comments: