Subscribe via email

Subscribe to Americans in Singapore by Email Verification of your email address is required to prevent spam

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Myna Bird

I've always enjoyed listening to the myna birds here. They sound so "jungle-y", but now that we've moved to the 4th floor I have reconsidered this notion.

There is a myna who lives in the tree just outside our bedroom window. Every morning before sunrise, around 6, he starts "singing". I don't know if he's trying to find his buddies, or what, but he is SO LOUD! Sometimes another one will come over and sing a different song from his, but just as loud.

Since I can't think of anyway to describe this bird's song, I made a short video so that you can actually hear our new "alarm clock".

2 comments:

mister anchovy said...

c'mon, you still love them, don't you.....

Geeky Tai-Tai said...

Ummmmmm, well, uh, I guess I do, kinda.