I got tagged by Avi, a funny, sex-obsessed guy who loves his wife (I think she's eligible for sainthood), music, fast cars, and food. I think he might like some other things too, but I'm not sure what they are.
This is going to be a little difficult seeing as how the food in Singapore is wonderful and usually inexpensive. Most of the time it's cheaper to eat out than it is to cook a meal at home. It's just that I don't like to get dolled-up every night to go out to dinner -- it's too much work. I can't go out looking like a dowdy matron since Singaporean women are all about youth, beauty, sexiness, and high-heels.
OK, Here are my 5 favorite places to eat in Singapore:
- River Quay Seafood in Boat Quay -- I've blogged about this riverside restaurant many times. The food is fabulous (my favorite is cheese lobster) and the service is top-notch.
- Bobby's in Chijmes -- we've eaten there more than a few times now and the prime-rib has always been perfect. I usually have to tell them that I don't want any sort of sauce on it and request horseradish, but they are happy to accommodate me -- even if they think it's strange. Their desserts are heavenly too. We usually share one because we're too full from the meal.
- The American Club -- has the best cheeseburgers in town. As a matter of fact, I had to have one Sunday evening just to get rid of the memory of that horrid burger in Belgium (I just know it had horsemeat in it)! I never get the bacon on them though because the bacon isn't right and tastes weird to me. My other favorite meal there is the ox-tail, with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. It's just good ol' comfort food for me.
- Esmirada in Chijmes and Orchard Road -- I love the lamb skewers and Greek salad. I've only tried a couple of other items there, which were good, but for me, the lamb skewers are scrumptious.
- Modesto's -- a nice, but very casual Italian restaurant with outdoor seating. The pizzas have a wood-fired thin crust. My fav has a nice tomato sauce, artichoke hearts, ham, and lots of cheese. The pastas are always yummy too.
Now, keeping in mind the whole "locality" issue of this meme, I'm tagging the following people: