Subscribe via email

Subscribe to Americans in Singapore by Email Verification of your email address is required to prevent spam

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Quitch 'er Fiddle-fartin' Around!

Blogging buddy, RW, who has had some unexpected free time this summer, has kept himself occupied not only with household chores and various projects, but he has also:**
Type rest of the post here

* Revolutionized the process of diamond mining.
* Created forty-six new words.
* Discovered and cataloged three new species of worms.
* Captured Osama bin Laden.
* Awarded Nobel Prize.
Me, on the other hand? Well, I've been trying to think if I've had any accomplishments lately. Um... No, I don't think so. OK, one was getting WHH out of Singapore for a few days without internets or cell phone service. That's almost up there with revolutionizing diamond mining!

I guess I'll need to start small with today's accomplishments:

* I woke up at 5:30 -- AGAIN! This shit has got to stop!
* Took that stupid once-a-week Fosamax pill.
* Made coffee and turned the timer on for 30 minutes so the stupid Fosamax could do its thing.
* Drank coffee, read the paper, ate some toast with a small glass of milk
* Took about a jillion more damn pills for my health, not to get a buzz
* Read some blogs and commented on a few. If I'm too late commenting, then everybody else has already said what I was going to say. I hate when that happens.
* Started filling out medical insurance forms and taping receipts so that I can fax to UHC
* Went to the doctor for another injection and an additional muscle-relaxer that might make me drowsy. Woo-hoo! I might fall asleep before 1 a.m.
* Went to Singapore Airlines to fill out forms to get credit for miles I flew on partner airlines
* Came home and ate a left-over pork chop for lunch
* Continued with the medical insurance crap
* Continued reading blogs, that is, until I read Dawn's and saw what she'd been up to
* I put the insurance stuff away and went to Meez to create my very own avatar


Whaddya' think about that? Huh?

**I know that's a very long sentence, but I couldn't think of a better way to write it.

7 comments:

Avitable said...

I like your Meez!

Webmiztris said...

love your meez! wanna join my band? ;)

Geeky Tai-Tai said...

Avi -- You're such a Teez ;0)

Webmiz -- I'd love to join your band!

Shyanne Browning said...

go to the simpsons website and make a simpson avatar!

i've been having bad muscle aches too. not really as bad as yours i'm sure. just forgot to warm up before i went on the power rider and now my lower back and calves must be aligned otherwise it hurts soooo bad. i've been waddling around for two days now.

Crys said...

i am scared of Fosamax... what is it...

Geeky Tai-Tai said...

It is a scary pill, indeed! I take it in an effort to fend off osteoporosis, an even scarier disease. My grandmother had it, my mom has it, and I have the precursor, osteo'fuckin'penia! My dad has that now too, ok, not the fuckin' part, but he has bone loss too. Getting old sucks ass!

Heidi said...

Scared of the pills. Love the meez.