Subscribe via email

Subscribe to Americans in Singapore by Email Verification of your email address is required to prevent spam

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Chef Monkeys' Meat Crust Pasta Pie

The other day I watched Bob's vlog, and he had the cutest kids on, Chace and Kindal. They've got their own website, Chef Monkeys, with some of their favorite recipes.

When Kindal and Chace were talking with Bob, Chace said his favorite recipe is Bacon-wrapped Breadsticks. That had me intrigued because you know I always love the goodness that is BACON!

However, after perusing their recipes, I decided to try making Meat Crust Pasta Pie just because the whole idea of a meat "crust" sounded fun. I made this Sunday afternoon, and thoroughly enjoyed myself in the kitchen. I enjoy cooking as long as I know that someone will be willing to give my efforts a try without complaint. The WHH is always happy to try something new.

This recipe will serve a lot of people, and it's comfort food presented in a new way! It would be great for a potluck or family gathering! Even if you don't like the "crunchy" part of the pasta from the top, there's still LOTS of smooth, creamy, cheesy pasta in the middle.

I'm impressed with the creativity and talent that goes into the Chef Monkeys website. I think it's wonderful that some fun grown-ups are actually taking time to teach young kids how to cook -- inspiring creativity in them, and encouraging them to provide for others. We need those things more than ever these days!

You know I'm compulsive about my recipe cards, as well as a lot of other things, but never mind... I emailed to ask permission, and the Chef Monkeys were very happy to share. You can download 4 x 6 recipe cards here, or you can go to their website and print out the page here. I think you'll be very impressed!

7 comments:

B Merrick said...

Yahoo! I am international! :-)

Heidi said...

Mmmmmmm. You got some good recipes here! I'll try it out when I'm feeling like cooking at home. Thanks!

Miss Laurence said...

I want to taste this !!! :-)

Geeky Tai-Tai said...

Bob... You're a star!

CK... I hope things start to look up for you soon.

Laurence... Thank you for stopping by. I thought the pie was very tasty. If you try the recipe, please let me know what you think.

BTW, I thought it was very nice that you had "American Week". You selected excellent writers to guest-blog. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Mick's Page 2. said...

Hi Geeky Tai-Tai.

I watched Bob’s v’log and thought what absolutely fantastic sensible children they were, so full of confidence, I particularly like the sound of Bobs wife voice in the background. [I’m still trying to figure how he did it].

Will look at the recipes and possible try some of them -[Will tell you what I think of them].

I know that my Daughters No 1 & No 2 taught their girls how to cook and I have sampled some of their cooking and very good it is too.

Jennifer said...

Oh I'll bet that would be a good one for those winter days when you need comfort food. :D

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Damn, that looks good.