Subscribe via email

Subscribe to Americans in Singapore by Email Verification of your email address is required to prevent spam

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Can I Reformat My Colon Too?

Since the WHH returned home early Sunday morning, he volunteered to hit the enter button to reformat my hard drive. As it was deleting everything, I remembered that when he bought this laptop for me it had Windows 98 on it. I went through hell upgrading to Windows XP. I started to panic.

Fortunately, reformatting didn't effect the OS. Hallelujah! I'm still reinstalling my favorite programs and configuring them the way I want them. Can I uninstall Internet Explorer? I hate it, and Norton 360 is only monitoring it, rather than Firefox which is my default browser. I downloaded the IE Tab as SJ suggested, but haven't had time to figure it out yet.

I've looked through all of the settings for Norton 360, and still can't figure out how to get it to monitor Firefox. The other thing that's pissing me off about Norton is that I had all of my bookmarks backed-up, I tried to restore them. It says it did, but I sure as hell don't see them anywhere. Now I'm forced to Google everything and trying to remember to bookmark the pages.

By Sunday evening I was tired of working on the computer. We ate dinner and then went to bed around 10. At 3 am, I was awakened by the most horrendous abdominal pain. I didn't want to risk a shart in bed, so I quietly made haste to the toilet. Nothing happened, just severe pain. I went into "Lamaze-mode" taking deep breaths and massaging my abdomen. It only helped a little. The pain was so bad that I was trembling and dripping sweat. I got up and walked around a bit, got a cool washcloth to wipe my face, and then the pain would begin again. The next 9 hours hurt like the pain of a thousand swords, seriously.

Around noon, I started to feel human again and made my way to the pharmacy to buy more Immodium. It's only S$3.60 for 6 pills. Why is it so much more expensive in the U.S.? Anyway, the pharmacist told me that I should also take a charcoal tablet to absorb the toxins. Hmmm...? I'd never heard of that before, but it makes sense. I bought them and took one two hours after the Immodium. It really seemed to help, but I was warned that my poop's going to be black. Since my poop-cycle is completely off, I'm not sure when the next *ahem* movement will be, but I am much better today.

Maybe the stress of having my computer reformatted caused the IBS to flare up suddenly? I hate IBS and I want to STAB.IT.TO.DEATH!

All of this crap made me miss calling Dad for his 72nd birthday. I hope you had a very happy birthday, Dad, and I'm sorry to have missed talking to you. I love you!

10 comments:

The Ferryman said...

I can reformat your colon. I'll reformat any colon for 99.95.

Anonymous said...

Go sit in a comfortable chair, take some deep breaths and open a good book ! :-)

Avitable said...

Why do you have virus scan monitoring your browser?

Deej said...

If you figure out how to reformat your colon, let me know how you did it - mine needs it too. Can you say "heredity factor?"

Geeky Tai-Tai said...

Mr. Fab... Sorry, for $99.95 I will not allow my colon to become nothing more than the next "vegomatic" orifice. You either reduce your price, or my colon machine will reduce your reformatting tool to a bloody stub...!

Paul... That just got me to thinking. Ya know, labor and delivery for both my sons didn't last as long as that crap the other night! If I could've focused on anything, I would've finished "War of the World". Shit! ;p

Avitable... Uh, the virus scan isn't monitoring for viruses per se. It's supposed to protect me from being hi-jacked and other bad things such as nasty dolphin stuff. (heh) Anyway, I'm just trying to be a good netizen and this is what I thought I was supposed to do. I'm not impressed with the "Restore" function seeing as how all I wanted to "restore" was my bookmarks, and they're not there!

Suzi said...

Wish I could help, but I haven't used Norton in years. I'm embarrassed to say I don't even know what Norton 360 is.

I cannot imagine surviving NINE HOURS of severe IBS. The worst I've ever had only lasted two hours, but I was praying for death's sweet release!

Patrick said...

Sounds like the morning after a night of White Castle and PBR.

BlondeBlogger said...

I was JUST planning to ask you if you have IBS and then I saw the end of your post. Ugh...I totally feel for you, and I know EXACTLY how you feel.

I have it too and have had plenty of those awful attacks. I have spent many hours rolling around on the floor crying and wishing for death.

I got my doctor to give me good pain meds for when those flare ups happen. You should definitely demand it from your doc! You shouldn't have to suffer like that (although, even with the pain pills, it still hurts pretty bad, but the death wishing stops, lol)

BlondeBlogger said...

Oh and ABSOLUTELY it's the stress causing it. I've been under so much stress lately and my stomach's been a mess.

Sorry you missed calling your dad. :( And happy birthday to him!

I get flare ups a lot during special occassions because of the stress of it.

Rob held my 30th birthday party here at our house for me and I ended up having a flare up and had to spend the entire party up in my room crying in pain. It totally sucked!

Geeky Tai-Tai said...

Donna... Ain't that the truth???

SJ... It's just the latest anti-virus program they offer. If it's not going to protect me while surfing, I'm not sure what good it is!

Patrick... uh yeah, you got that right!

ABB... I will definitely ask my doctor for something because really, the death wish becomes quite intense after a short while. You know, at least labor pains result in something beautiful. These pains only result in nastiness!