Subscribe via email

Subscribe to Americans in Singapore by Email Verification of your email address is required to prevent spam

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Geeky's Shootin' Real Bullet'ns -- Again!

  • Did you notice the new widget at the top of my sidebar? It seems to make the page load slowly, but I wanna' show off a little bit! My "Chez Patrick" photo in Brussels was included in the newly released fourth edition of the Schmap Brussels Guide. No, I don't win any prizes or money, but that's OK. I get to put the widget on my blog and you get to go over there and click until you see my photo. heh!




  • This pool is on the property next to our building (that's going to be jack-hammered to death very soon). The green nastiness just got me to thinking that jillions of mosquitoes could be breeding in there. I saw a sign on a bus with the Dengue Hotline phone number (1800-333-7777) and decided to report it. Dengue is a big problem here, and the government is very serious about minimizing the risks. A really nice guy answered my phone call and said that someone would call me to follow-up. One man called me and I couldn't understand a word he said. I asked him to please repeat himself more slowly, and still I couldn't understand him. Finally, I understood the words "how long symptoms, lah?" I started to tell him, "I'm not sick. I just wanted to rep..or.." and CLICK. He hung up on me! Later though, another man called me from the Ministry of Environment to tell me that they had checked out the pool, and confirmed that there is insecticide in the water to prevent mosquitoes from breeding there. He also asked if I'd seen any in this area (I haven't). I feel better now.
  • We had a wing-ding to attend this evening, and whilst we were preparing, the WHH put on the "Best of U2". He had that BOSE-a-blastin', I'm tellin' ya. It's always good to get the dust off the speakers. So, we're all cleaned up. He calls a cab, and he tells him where we need to go. As we're riding along, my WHH says, "Hey, there's going to be a U2 tribute band playing at Molly Malone's in Boat Quay next week." I said, "Hey, that's cool. Maybe we should go check them out." Silence... except for the cab driver's radio and then... Bono's wail, "In the name of love. In the name of lo--o---ove". That's just really strange, don't you think?
  • Just an FYI... we saw U2 at the 2002 Super Bowl in New Orleans at the SuperDome along with Paul McCartney who performed that suck-ass song that I wish someone would've had the balls to tell him that it actually sucked. (Whew! Sorry for the run-on sentence, but not really). Honestly, I've loved The Beatles since I was a little girl. Paul was "cute", but really, George was my favorite, Ringo was cool, but John was the best singer/songwriter, IMO. My Mom bought their first album and I kissed George's picture so much that his face ended up being just a smudgy mess on the back of the album cover. Still, I was excited to actually be in the same arena as a Beatle, but OMG, that song was just awful! Whaddya' gonna do, uh?
  • Now a question, is the SuperDome all cleaned up now? What about the rest of New Orleans? Just wondering. Please leave a comment, just not something hateful because I'll delete it... because I can. Thank you!
  • I'm likin' these bullet-thingies.

6 comments:

Mrs RW said...

It was quite the challenge finding "Chez Patrick's" picture since there was no search bar on the website; but I persevered! Nice job!

For everyone else: click on the Schmaps website link; Chez Patrick is found under: restaurants and cafes, belgian.

Miss Britt said...

Congrats on the pic! That is awesome!!!!

Geeky Tai-Tai said...

Mrs. RW, I think I got it fixed now. Thanks for letting me know about that.

Miss Britt, Thank you, I think so too!

Avitable said...

Is someone leaving you hate comments or something?

Geeky Tai-Tai said...

Avi, No, I was just feeling mighty and powerful with my Geeky gun and all those bullet'ns :D

Roy said...

Nice picture. I could even read the prices on the menu outside when I looked at the original size jpg.